Soflo Machining is seeking an experienced CNC machinist who can work in a fast-paced environment on tight tolerance parts. Candidate must have relevant experience in the programming and set-up of CNC mills and lathes. Aerospace experience is a plus.
- Soflo Machining uses Fusion 360 for CAM programming of 3D geometries and lathe work.
- CMM experience a plus.
- Experience in CAM programming with Fusion 360 is preferred.
- Experience should include close tolerance mill and lathe work. Candidate should be able to demonstrate from past experience complex machining and creation of unique machine tooling/fixturing to support projects.
- Knowledge & experience machining common & exotic engineering materials (selecting tooling, feeds & speeds)
- Able to setup/operate CNC mills and lathes according to preplanned setup sheets. Must be able to work independently.
- Follow production work orders and documents
- Neatly and accurately complete all required paperwork
- Can pay attention to detail, read drawings, and adjust offsets to meet tolerances.
- Communicate professionally with team members.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
- Inspection of parts according to drawings and instructions
- In-process, 1st PC and final QA of all production jobs
- Ability to setup and program new jobs on CMM
Fast paced manufacturing environment with multiple low quantity, complex part fabrications daily. Candidate must have strong arithmetic skills, ability to read blue-prints and accept verbal direction.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Opportunities to work nights and weekends for overtime.
Ideal Candidate Should be:
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented and Accurate: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated and Reliable: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Goal Oriented: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Precision Machine Shop Quality Manager Inspector
Inspector to ensure manufactured products meet the specified standards and specifications of the drawing and the parts meet quality standards.
- Follow standardized procedures and instructions for in process and final inspections across a wide variety of customized parts and assemblies with very close tolerances and specifications.
- Determine method of inspection and set up requirements on first article parts
- Has authority and responsibility for stopping a machine operation to avoid continued production of defective parts.
- Maintain records of results and prepare required Quality Assurance forms including AS9102.
- Responsible for calibration programs that monitor and control production and QC gauges.
- Perform quotes for jobs and the programming for CNC’s
- Work and adhere to quality management system requirements (i.e., training, policies, procedures, document control)
- Provide leadership, good judgment and motivate team members
Essential Job Requirements:
- Fundamental mechanical and mathematical inspection knowledge
- Must be familiar with ISO specs and standards
- Have robust knowledge of GD&T, blueprint and specs interpretation
- Comfortable programming CMM (CMM Manager) for automated part verification
- Familiar with the use of all inspection hand gauging including but not limited to; micrometers, thread gauges, dial indicators, vernier calipers, height gauges, internal and external thread gauges, ID/OD mics, bore gauges, and etc.
- Experience working on a manufacturing team with machinists and engineers
- Capable of coordinating the inspection planning of a job
- Computer experience documenting and plotting inspection data
- Able to work as a team player with minimal supervision of required tasks
- A high degree of organization, reporting capabilities, effective communication and capable of interacting with internal and external customers.
- Experience in metrology a must.
- Primary operator/programmer of both stationary and portable CMM and CNC Machines.
- Experience in reading and interpreting single part as well as assembly drawings.
- Base knowledge in metallurgy and instrument calibration helpful.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Machinist/Quality Control Technician
Soflo Machining is looking to add a machinist/quality control technician to our team. You must possess a solid background and work experience as a CNC Machinist.
- Experience as a CNC Machinist.
- ISO9001/AS9100/9110 (First Article Inspection) experience
- Create and maintain QA documentation
- Supervise and guide inspectors, technicians and other staff
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Must be able to select, align, secure holding fixtures and set offsets for, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on mills and / or lathes.
- Responsibilities include loading material into machines for production of parts; read part prints, dimensions and tolerances; verifies dimensions of parts, using micrometers, heights gauges, depth gauges and fixed gauges; adjust programs and/or tooling in order to ensure parts are being produced to print.
- Sets up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (CNC lathe and/or mill), machining centers for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high-quality machine standards required within the organization.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements. Program and utilize a CMM machine and fill out First Article Inspection (FAI) reports measure parts as part of quality control inspections and part approval requirements.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.